Online Baccarat at Golden Riviera Casino
Online Baccarat at Golden Riviera Casino brings the classic Internet table game to the comfort of both Australian and global players' homes. Baccarat Games is a gambling card game that originated in France, dating back many centuries. Over time Baccarat Games have been one of the most popular games played in the casino world. It is a game where players hold either two or three card hands. A baccarat winning hand is the highest remainder after the face value is divided by ten. There are three popular variants of the game which inlcude; Punto Banco, Baccarat Chemin de Fer, and Baccarat Banque Since the introduction of the Online Game version, the game has become even more popular. Baccarat is the sole remaining card game that is hand shuffled. No machine has been developed to shuffle the deck of cards, in land based casinos and Online Casinos.
The classics of Online Baccarat are never ending, especially when it is the first choice of game for the most dashing gambler of them all, James Bond himself! The objective of Online Baccarat at Golden Riviera Casino is to draw a value of two or three cards to form a hand and play against the 'banker' (or in this case the casino software) and achieve a total of nine or its closest number as opposed to the 'banker's' hand. Online Baccarat is a card comparing game, much like Blackjack. However, it does not require the element of skills Blackjack does.
Learn more about How to Play Baccarat at Golden Riviera Casino.
History of Baccarat
Baccarat was invented in the middle ages by an Italian Gambler- Felix Falguierein. The first game of Baccarat was played with a deck of tarot cards. Later on the game was introduced in France before being introduced in the Las Vegas Casinos in the 1950's.
Baccarat is derived from the word Italian word 'Baccarat' which in English means zero. The zero refers to the tens, jack, queen and king which consistent of the value zero in the game. It also refers to any hand that has a total value of zero. For instance, a hand of seven and three which adds up to zero and therefore Baccarat.
The Baccarat Game has evolved over time as it has travelled from country to country. Today, Baccarat is available in Online Casinos as an online format based on various formats that have been adapted over time. Despite a few rule changes over time, one thing has remained the same- the elegance it has to offer. The most popular forms of are; baccarat chiming de far, baccarat banquet and punto banco.
How to play Baccarat at Golden Riviera Casino
Golden Riviera Casino offers players the choice to either play as themselves or the Banker winning, or on a tie between themselves and Banker when playing Online Baccarat. This means, if the player's hand wins, but the player bet on the banker's hand winning, the player loses. But if the player bets on the Banker winning, they will win even though their hand was inferior to the banker's. Basically it all depends on who the player chooses to bet on. Once bets have been made, two cards are dealt to the banker and player. Cards are dealt one at a time to each player. A cut-card is placed 16 cards away from the end of the shoe, the last hand of the shoe. The objective of Baccarat is for the player/banker's hand to be as close to 9 as possible.
First the player's hand is shown first, then the banker's. Any total between six and nine, and the player stands, no cards are drawn. If the player's total is between eight and nine means a natural is called and the player is an automatic winner. If the player and banker have the same hands, a tie is drawn. If the player has an eight or nine and the banker has a nine, the banker will win. However, if the player has a nine and the banker an eight, the player will win.
If the player's first two cards add to a total of six, seven, eight, or nine, the player will stand. However, if the player's first two cards add up a total of five or less, they will hit and receive another card. Their play will then end.
If the banker's first two cards add up to a total of seven, eight, or nine, they will stand. The banker will hit if their cards add up to zero, one, two, and three. An exception is applied when the banker has a total of three and the player a total of eight. The banker can hit a total of four, five and six cards, depending on the player's total. The banker will hit with a;
- Four against a player with a between two and seven
- Five against a player with a total between four and seven
- Six against a player with a total between six and seven
Calculating the value of Baccarat cards
The highest hand value in the Baccarat Game is 9. This hand is considered as a natural hand, if it is achieved with only 2 cards. When players Play Baccarat cards between the value of 2 and 9 maintain their face value. 10, Jack, King, and Queen cards are considered as face or picture cards and have zero value to the hand. Ace cards are worth 1 point. One of the greatest challenges facing players is understanding how the highest hand value can be 9, when the cards have such little value. There is no single strategy to optimise a players winning opportunity when they Play Baccarat. This is simply because players do not make any decisions which may have an impact on the actual hand value dealt.
Each format of Baccarat is the sample, with one simple difference- how the cards are dealt.
- Online Baccarat is played from either a six-deck or eight-deck shoe
- All face cards (Jack, King and Queen) and 10 have a value of zero
- Aces have a value of 1
- All single value cards have their value. For example; two has the value of two, three has the value of three, and so forth.
- Any hand that reaches double digits, the left digit is dropped. For example; if the hand is 16, it is counted as 6, if the hand is 26 it is also counted as 6.
- Players must bet on the hand you think will have the highest total. Bets can be made on either the banker or player.
- The objective is to obtain a hand that has the closest value to 9. The value of a hand is determined by adding the values of the individual cards dealt.
Online Baccarat offers an Australian limited opportunity to influence the outcome of the game. However, for Online Players< to develop a strong strategy it is wise for them to ride on the outcome and vary the intensity of betting accordingly. This means an Australian should maximise the opportunity by betting more when they are winning, and less when they are losing. Online Baccarat at Golden Riviera Casino offers players the opportunity to view the recent history of the cards. This does depend on the type of Online Baccarat players participate in.
The Baccarat Table
The Online Baccarat table is the same as what players will find in a land based casino. The table is covered in green felt, seating twelve to fourteen players with three bankers. The table has positions allocated for players, with player numbers ranging from one to fifteen. The number thirteen is excluded for superstition reasons. The table is split into two ends. On either end, the dealers will be located, and each will take care of their end of the table. Opposite to where dealer stand, in front of them on the table will be labelled as 'bankers' and 'players'. This is where the caller will stand and make place cards on the labels.
Understanding Baccarat Terminology
- Baccarat- Baccarat means zero. When the banker or player has a total of zero, it is known as Baccarat.
- Banker- One of the three possible betting places on a standard Baccarat Table.
- Dealer- Dealer is the person in charge of drawing the cards. However, when Online Baccarat is played in a big table version the dealer position can be taken by players.
- Dealing shoe- This is the container from which the cards are dealt.
- Game Supervisor- A casino employee who makes sure the correct rules are followed.
- Natural- A hand count of eight or nine from the first two cards dealt to hand.
- Player- Player is one of three possible Baccarat betting places. These bets pay at a ratio of 1 to 1 and have an advantage of approximately 1%. The player is always the opposite bet to the banker.
- Run- A side bet that offers players the opportunity to bet on a series of hands in a row.
- Table of play- A set of rules which when and if a third card should be dealt to either hand.
- Tie- One of three possible Baccarat betting options available to players. The tie bet has the highest payoff at a ratio of eight to one, and has the highest house advantage of just under 15%.
At Golden Riviera Casino, you can Play Baccarat from the comfort of your favourite lounge chair. One of the many great aspects of Online Baccarat is that the dealer takes care of all the hitting, players just need to place their bets and hope for the best. Simply download the casino or play the flash version.